Tuesday, April 04, 2006

cub forced to grin and bear it

Chicago Cubs skipper Dusty Baker got POTUS’d at yesterday’s season opener in Cincinnati. As described by Michael Fletcher of the Washington Post (via Think Progress), George “I like to pretend I ran a baseball team” Bush made his way into the Cub’s clubhouse, got snarky about the long-suffering Cubbies (“This is the year, right?”), and then grabbed Baker’s hand and held tight while photographers snapped away.

“Dusty Baker, good to know you,” POTUS continued, turning to the cameras. He held the grip and grinned as the cameras snapped away. “Smile,” POTUS encouraged, and Baker complied, saying: “I’ll do what I got to do.


(I was going to add more, but I think Dusty said it all.)

(You know what, I will add one more thing: black pants with a navy jacket? With decision-making like that, no wonder this country is going down the tubes.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home