Saturday, April 01, 2006

Rush and Clarence, sittin’ in a tree. . . .

Thank god there are guys like Jonathan Miller over at Blogoland to listen to Rush Limbaugh so I don’t have to (he also does yeoman’s work on Hugh Hewitt). I say this without a hint of sarcasm. Without Blogoland, I never would have gotten the lowdown on this party:

Yesterday I [Limbaugh] flew the "24" contingent that was at the party down here to Palm Beach. We had a blowout dinner party last night at my house, it ended at three a.m. At 1:30 this morning a bunch of us are out by the pool, and Surnow comes in, “I want some bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwiches.” We just finished eating at ten o'clock. So we hustled up some bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwiches. Listen to the guest list. I had Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas and his wife, Ginny, last night...


I know I should be outraged and aghast by Clarence Thomas’s appearance at Rush’s blow-out, but I’ve grown to expect cut-rate inappropriate hobnobbing from this cut-rate Scalia. No, I’m a little more upset by the great fealty felt by 24 creator/producer Joel Surnow to the Ditto Master. Though I stopped watching the show years ago, I’m now embarrassed I ever liked it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home