Saturday, January 14, 2006

photo caption contest


This pic was resurrected by The First Post, and I just had to share. In case you can’t read the fine print, it says, “On the day Memoirs Of A Geisha premiers in London, a flashback to January 1974 when Donald Rumsfeld, then Gerald Ford’s Chief of Staff, entertained a geisha on an official visit to Kyoto.”

Well, that’s accurate, but dry. Surely this picture is worth at least nine or ten carefully chosen words. I welcome all submissions. I can’t say what the prize will be beyond the recognition and love of the adoring masses. . . . It’s an honor just to compete, right? I will post a winner (if I get a winner).

Here, I’ll start the ball rolling:

“For my next trick, I will destroy the American Military. . . .”

-or-

“When W saw what Donald could do with just his nose and a straw, George knew he’d met his soul-mate.”

I’m not thrilled with either of those. I know you can do better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home