just a coincidence?
- It was revealed this week that in conversations between the White House and the Attorney General’s office, it was proposed that they fire all 93 United States attorneys.
- United 93 crashed in a Pennsylvania field on 9/11/01.
- The USA Patriot Act—the renewal of which contained the provision that made it easy to replace US Attorneys without Senate confirmation—was passed soon after the 9/11 attacks.
- Arlen Specter is the senior senator from Pennsylvania.
- Specter was chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee when the provision about the US attorneys was inserted into the USA Patriot act.
- “Enemy Combatant” Khalid Sheikh Muhammed is reported to have confessed to planning the 9/11 hijackings (along with more than thirty other attacks or planned attacks)—and a transcript of this confession just happens to be released during the height of the firestorm over the purge of the US attorneys.
Seriously. . .
Does anyone think that the timing of the release of what is said to be KSM’s testimony is just a coincidence?
Does anyone actually believe that this is the unadulterated testimony of Khalid Sheikh Muhammed (unadulterated by either torture or the editorial pen of the Bush propaganda machine)?
KSM has reportedly “confessed” to everything from masterminding the 9/11 attacks, to planning to blow up the Empire State Building, the Brooklyn Bridge, the Panama Canal, Heathrow Airport, Big Ben, and the flume ride at Bush Gardens. He also “claims” to have worked to assassinate Presidents Carter and Clinton, and Pope John Paul II. In addition, it is assumed that KSM had designs to remove the Bop from the bop-she-bop-she-bop and steal the Ram from the ramalamadingdong.
(One day later, the administration has also added that Muhammed took credit for killing reporter Daniel Pearl, stating that they withheld that part of the confession until they notified Pearl’s family. This gives the impression that the administration is working with or on behalf of the Pearls, something likely very far from the truth. And, in fact, it is disgusting that the Bush bunch has appropriated the memory of Pearl’s grisly death as part of their mass distraction.)
Doesn’t this all sound just a little too pat? Doesn’t it sound a little like the plot of about twenty different TV crime shows, and about ten times that many movies? After a long, twisted, bloody chase, the lone mastermind of the whole shooting match is cornered and confesses with a smirk and mad laugh.
And then the good guys have no choice but to kill him.
As I see it, we can look for Khalid Sheikh Muhammed’s execution sometime just before the next election. . . but, of course, that timing would be just a coincidence.