Tuesday, May 23, 2006

turn, turn, turn. . . .

Can’t Bush at least wait a month before he repeats his hackneyed homilies?

Why, it was only three weeks ago when I noted that I was tired of “turning,” and yet, on Monday:

There have been setbacks and missteps, like Abu Ghraib. They were felt immediately and have been difficult to overcome. Yet, we have now reached a turning point in the struggle between freedom and terror.

[emphasis added]


I hereby declare that we are going around in circles in Iraq. . . and I think the President does, too.


Moving right along, is anyone else out there as offended as I am at hearing Bush call Abu Ghraib a “setback” or a “misstep” (take your pick)? American soldiers torturing people under the color of authority is not a “misstep”; irreparably damaging US credibility and ceding the moral high ground is not a “setback.” I am amazed that even the talking heads of the establishment media could play this clip without spitting fire.


And, in related a related story:

Lord I’m one, lord I’m two, lord I’m three, lord I’m four. . . .

Not content with turning corners again, Bush’s Monday speech also managed to claim that Iraq had reached a “milestone”—again. How many miles is that now, Mr. President? According to dday, it’s at least twelve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home