Friday, May 19, 2006

casting a Paul over the party

I once met Paul Begala, briefly, years ago, and I liked him. His handshake was a little weak, but he looked me in the eye and seemed sincere when we talked, and that goes a long way in my book.

So, I’m having a hard time understanding Mr. Begala’s behavior these days. He’s a committed Democrat, I think he thinks he’s a progressive, and I know he likes winning. There are probably a lot of people in the party who would love to benefit from his knowledge and hands-on experience, but instead of working constructively with the current party leadership to stick it to the Republicans come November, he seems oddly eager to stick it to some Democrats instead.

Paul is very concerned about the state of the Democratic National Committee’s bank balance, but rather than look the DNC Chairman in the eye and ask sincere questions, Begala has decided to “help” the Party through sarcasm and rumor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home