Tuesday, March 21, 2006

old guys with funny accents agree: Donald Rumsfeld is an idiot

As noted yesterday, Don of the Dead (I know, I’ve been using that sobriquet a lot lately, but it’s just working for me) put pen to page for Sunday’s Washington Post, and came up with one of the most uninformed and cavalier references to the holocaust tossed around by a cabinet secretary in some time:

Turning our backs on postwar Iraq today would be the modern equivalent of handing postwar Germany back to the Nazis.


Well, I’m not alone in my criticism. I’ve got both Henry Kissinger and Zbigniew Brzezinski to back me up. These are not guys who make a habit out of agreeing (with each other. . . or with me, for that matter), but they both Hank and Zbig told CNN that Rummy was full of crap. I think Brzezinski can speak for all of us:

That is really absolutely crazy to anyone who knows history. There was no alternative to our presence. The Germans were totally crushed. For Secretary Rumsfeld to be talking this way suggests either he doesn't know history or he's simply demagoguing.


Update: georgia10 has found someone else who agrees that Rumsfeld is an idiot, and he’s got lots of reasons.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home